In our family, Emelie's journey with anorexia was the first indicator that having a Family Rule did not create a 1+1=2 journey. In some seasons, your family rules, and the boundaries and stability we put into place to foster godly, joy filled children will look like it's failing. But is the family rule failing, or is God too good to allow "goodness" to replace "holiness".
Goodness is simply good behaviour, holiness is when we've allowed ourselves to be sanctified from the inside out, nothing hidden, nothing broken.
Episode 42 is an incredible conversation between Jennifer and Emelie about what happens when a family rule seems to fail.
Listen to the end for a chance to participate in a Restoration Home and Peaceful Press Competition and the chance to win 1 year of the Peaceful Loop and a $50 Gift Card.
The Peaceful Press Cookbook is available on Amazon!!
The Peaceful Press has beautiful Student Planners to help your students craft order, ryhthm and mindfulness in their daily journey. Check the digital versions out at the Peaceful Press or order printed copies from Amazon.
In this episode:
- A family rule is about your faithfulness to what God has called you to create, not controlling the outcome of your family
- How to embrace the hard seasons of application
- The Joy of faithfulness
- Mothering by the Book by Jennifer Pepito
- Family Rule Poster—Follow this link to edit and create your Family Rule Poster in Canva and to enter in the Restoration Family Rule Competition.
- You will win 1 year in the Peaceful Loop which has monthly calls with Jennifer and a habits and community building group, and $50 to the Peaceful Press Shop.
- The Poster must contain the Peaceful Press Website and the Restoration Home Logo
- Submit the Canva link to your design to email@example.com subject line "Family Rule Poster".
- All submissions must be received by 8/25/2023
- Submissions will be voted on in the private Peaceful Press Facebook Group and posted to Instagram.
You can learn more about Jennifer here-
You can learn more about Emelie here-
Episode sponsored by The Peaceful Press. Create connection through our literature based resources.
Some Amazon Affiliate Links.