Cameras clicking, children laughing, turkey roasting, presents yet to be wrapped, quietude of "silent night, holy night". The holidays are a magical moment of our year, where we set aside time and energy to celebrate, remember, enjoy, and connect with family and friends. Yet in all that beauty, it's often a time when stress, past hurt, present pain, the desire to create something magical for our spouse, children, loved ones, and dirty laundry can become a monumental practice exacerbating lies we believe about ourselves, God, and our ability to be connect and be present with those who really matter.
Join Joy Prouty, author of Practicing Presence and Jennifer Pepito to talk about how the process of becoming present creates connection, and offers restorative practices for engaging in the difficult tasks of life. With both practical steps for stepping back from the madness to find the beauty, return to present, and capture the moment, as well as a gentle understanding of how stressful life can be, but how good and sufficient God is, this episode is a perfect forerunner to the holidays and the rest of your life.
Episode sponsored by the Peaceful Press!
Looking for ways to celebrate and enjoy the beauty of the holidays? Check out our Christmas Vol. 1 and 2, and the Unearthing Wonder Advent Guide.
Also, we have a brand new Peaceful Press Holiday Book Flood: 25 Day Picture Book Advent Guide to enjoy!
Check out our free Ten Day Connection Challenge
In this episode–
- The four steps to practicing presence in 30 seconds
- Joy's midwifery of photo taking, capturing memories, and enjoying the moment
- The 20 second memory rule for creating and sustaining poignant moments
- The beauty of setting intentions that are lifegiving over the lies we tell ourselves: "I'm not a good "mom", "wife", "friend", "sister."" becomes "I am sufficient for this life because Christ has promised that in our weakness He is strong."
- Embracing our capabilities and being gentle with our limitations
- Do read Joy's book Practicing Presence: A Mother's Guide to Savoring Life through the Photos You're Already Taking
You can learn more about Jennifer here-
You can learn more about Joy Prouty here-
Joy's Instagram and on her website
Some Amazon Affiliate Links.